2. Along with her friend Chloe, Max is out to uncover the truth behind the mysterious disappearance of fellow student Rachel Amber. With an indie-film feel and an eclectic soundtrack, Life Is Strange stands out from other games by blending the angst of being a teenage girl today with life-and-death situations, and the ability to rewind time. While this gameplay mechanic has been used in many games before, this take on time manipulation feels as unique as the American characters the French developer has created.
4. Statistics showed that Tibet had around 590,000 rural poor by the end of 2015.
6. February 1985 was the last time global surface temperatures fell below the 20th-century average for a given month, meaning that no one younger than 30 has ever lived through a below-average month. The last full year that was colder than the 20th-century average was 1976.
1. Call it the crisis of whiteness.
2. Zhu Xueqin, an NPC deputy and migrant worker from Shanghai.
4. By 2020, annual box office sales are expected to reach 100 billion yuan, according to industry estimates.
3. “How you leave a position can make a lasting impression,” notes OfficeTeam executive director Robert Hosking. That’s for sure. Most (86%) of the HR managers in the survey said that how someone quits a job “affects their future career opportunities.” Word gets around.
4. Tomorrow Never Dies gets the other honorable mention on our James Bond theme song list.
2. As this year marks the 10th anniversary of the iconic Italian director Michelangelo Antonioni’s death, up to 13 of his classics - from his debut feature Story of a Love Affair to the 1995 romance Beyond the Clouds - will be screened as an homage to the master.
4. Since the establishment of Avic 1 and Avic 2 in 1999, which really marked the beginning of China’s push into the commercial aerospace market, there has been no doubt about China’s intent and the direction it wants its industry to take. But the pace at which it would achieve this ambition was less uncertain. Almost 20 years on, things have become much more clear, and there is now little doubt that China is well on its way to succeeding where several other countries have failed in becoming a full-fledged player in the large commercial aircraft manufacturing sector, with the potential to disrupt the long-standing duopoly of Airbus and Boeing.
5. At the time of the third presidential debate in October both candidates churlishly refused to greet or bid farewell to the other in the custom of the handshake.
1. While organizers of the show attempt to get it back on track following a string of problems obtaining visas for models and performers such as Gigi Hadid and Katy Perry, now they're also claiming that their e-mails are being intercepted by Chinese authorities.
2. Lufax, which started four years ago has emerged as the leader due to innovative credit rating techniques.
3. According to a newly amended Chinese Criminal Law, those who organize, assist or are involved in cheating during national exams could be sentenced to three to seven years in prison.